Barry University’s office of Employee Relations promotes a positive and respectful work environment for University employees by working closely with supervisors and staff to establish open communication and informal resolution of workplace disputes. Human Resources encourages supervisors and employees to utilize its services to resolve workplace problems and disputes before a formal grievance is filed or becomes necessary.
Employee Relations strategies and services include, but are not limited to, assistance in the following areas:
- Conflict Resolution
- Formal Complaints and Grievances
- Interpretation of Policies and Procedures
- Performance Development Plan
- Progressive Disciplinary Action
- Referral to the Employee Assistance Program